Loved the view, the staff, the location, the price...pretty much everything! I highly highly suggest going for an ocean-side room. The view of the bay is incredible. The staff were all professional, polite and expedient with requests. The original listing was out of my price range, but we found an excellent deal for Thanksgiving weekend. Rooms were beautifully decorated. Beds are HELLA comfortable. Had all the hallmarks of a luxury resort.
The resort is fantastically situated. It's right next to Patriot's Point and you can walk to the USS Yorktown/Taffey in 5min via the pier out back. If you want to get to downtown Charleston, it's only a 10min drive or a short Water Taxi ride away (accessible by the same pier). The restaurant is a quick walk from the front door; we only went there for breakfast but it was delicious.
We didn't have much time to explore or try out the other amenities (spa, pools, etc) but they looked nice!
I only have a few items of feedback. Very very nitpicky minor things. None of them are worth a full star deduction, but I figure some feedback is better than none seeing as the place is pretty new.
- Toiletries seemed average. Didn't really have a "wow" factor
- The room seemed warmer than the thermostat setting. Easily solved by turning it down and opening the balcony door.
- TV channel offerings were a bit sparse. Granted you're not in Charleston to watch TV but it could be a bit more varied.
- Slightly awkward, but TP quality was lacking. This is rarely mentioned in most reviews, but it ever so slightly detracts from the "luxury" feel.
- Bonfires out back could be warmer, especially in colder weather. This one is understandable given how people can be pretty dumb and lawsuits are an issue.
Like I said, all of these were very very minor! None of them obviously impacted our trip but I think improving them would add a lot of polish. I would wholeheartedly recommend The Beach Club to family and friends.