The initial room was very dirty. Carpet was dirty, chairs were dirty, but the most irritating was black mold above the shower and in other locations. Initially the front desk claimed there were no rooms available to change and sent a staff person to clean the mold. She was not prepared. She did not have the proper cleaning materials and most importantly, a mask to protect herself. We did not allow her to put herself in personal danger, and neither should have the motel management. After verification of the condition of the room, the front desk person made another room available which was much cleaner and ok for our family's stay. We did not expect this from a Comfort Inn. Black mold should never be so dangerously disregarded.